Transmission Repair in Parker Colorado
If the engine is the heart of your car, the transmission is the artery because the engine generates the power and the transmission transports the power to the drive axle and the car’s wheels. A vehicle can’t run if the transmission doesn’t work well.
What are the Different Kinds of Transmission?
Different kinds of transmissions have different kinds of problems and solutions so it’s vital to choose the right service for transmission repair in Parker for your car. Modern vehicles have three kinds of transmission and they include:
- Automatic – This is the most common transmission in modern cars and will automatically choose the gear for driving conditions.
- Manual – In these cars, you need to shift the gears manually according to the driving conditions. Such cars require more skill and awareness to drive and that’s why these transmissions are rare in modern cars.
- CVT – CVT stands for continuously variable transmissions and they’re usually found in light passenger vehicles. They’re new entrants in the automobile world and are considered very efficient.
What are the Common Signs of Transmission Problems?
You need to address transmission problems as quickly as possible. The longer you delay, the more expensive transmission repair in Parker will be. Here are some signs you need to be on the lookout for:
- Unusual Transmission Responses – If your transmission doesn’t respond as it’s supposed to and hesitates, it’s a big indication that there’s a problem. For example, if you press down on the accelerator, hear the engine rev, and see no difference in speed, you need to head towards the transmission repair shop.
- Vibrations – If you feel any strange and unusual vibrations, especially when you’re travelling at a steady speed, there might be a problem with the transmission.
- Lights – A modern transmission is connected to your electrical systems so you’ll notice a warning light appear when your transmission doesn’t work as it’s supposed to. The O/D or Overdrive sign also indicates a problem with the component.
When you spot these signs, you should immediately contact a reliable professional for transmission repair in Parker. We offer comprehensive repair services and will make sure your car works efficiently when you bring it to us.
If you have any questions or want to know more about transmission repair in Parker, contact us at Roadrunner Transmission and Diesel. You can also call us on 303-710-2719.